Yee Siew Meng
Read 1 Corinthian 11:1-16
SUMMARY OF SERMON
Although the text is about head covering in worship that is not the issue for us today because head covering for women in Paul's time was a cultural symbol of honoring and respecting the husband. However, the argument that follows on why male headship is necessary in a marriage is where we can glean the theological reasoning which Paul puts forth. He argues in 3 ways:
1) Divine Order (By looking at the Christ-God pair in the Trinity)
2) Creation Order
3) Natural Order
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
1) What are some thoughts and feelings for those who heard the sermon? Please share.
2) How does the Christ - God pair show that subordination does not show weakness, inferiority deficiency? Discuss 1 Peter3:7 in light of this.
3) What are some things women do better than men in general? What are some things men do better than women (in general)?
4) God has ordained male headship and women subordination for the purpose of order and in functioning to fulfill a task. We se ethis in how Christ submitted to the will of the Father to bring about salvation for mankind. Why is it important in the church? Discuss 1 Tim 2:11-12
5) Pray for the unity in marriages and pray for unity in the church specifically CDPC.