Yee Siew Meng
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
1) Why is it hard to live life under the Ephesians 5 model of a Biblical marriage? Discuss each one:
i. That wives can and should willingly submit to her husband in all things V. 22-24
ii.Husbands can love their wives as Chrsit loved the church and gave Himself up for her. V. 25-27
iii. Husband and wife are to be one flesh as Chrsit and the church are one. V.28-33
2) The speaker shared the story of Tim and Kathy Keller and the dirty diaper. Two sets of family values coming together. Describe your experience in your family and if you see the same thing. How do you resolve it?
3) Because marriage is a covenant that shows us the shape of the gospel and is meant to reflect the relationship between Christ and the Church - what are some ways we can keep our marriage covenant fresh and exciting?
4) If marriage is a covenant between two people and shows us the shape of the gospel - it is deeply spiritual. Discuss the notion of marrying a non Christian who doesnt have a relationship with Christ.
5) Ask the married people to share some needs - Pray for the married couples in your group.