Yee Siew Meng
Scripture: James 4:1-10
- What are some possible outside stresses (situations, events) that you may say is the cause of arguments and conflicts among you?
But James says it's actually the passions within. (V.1-2).
How do passions within get triggered by outward stresses?
- What are some of the passions within you (be as specific as possible) that causes you to get angry or be defensive when triggered?
(A desire that becomes a demand that becomes a need that becomes an expectation that becomes a disappointment) look at diagram below.
- How should we view these "over desires" (idols of the heart) and what should it lead us to? (V. 8-10)
- How can we practice the 5 things recommended by James?
How can we help each other as a community to practice these 5 things?
- Submit to God
- Resist the devil
- Draw near to God
- Cleanse your heart and purify your hands
- Humble yourselves.
- Pray for one another.