Yee Siew Meng
1) Share your experiences on the Lord's supper. What it has typically meant to you?
2) John 6:56 Feeding on the bread and drinking the wine has meaning greater than "just a memorial." Discuss John Calvin's stand on the real presence of Christ at the meal. What does it do for you? How does it change how you believe about partaking in the Lord's supper.
3) Do you treat the elements in a supersticious or mystical manner or the containers for the cups and utensils as if they were holy? Why do we tend to do that?
4) Jesus prayed in Matthew 26 for the cup to pass if it was God's will. Read jeremiah 25:15, Isaiah 51:17, Revelation 14:9-10 What was the cup Jesus was referring to in Matthew 26? Why did Jesus drink of this cup? How does that make you feel?
5) Share and discuss how this week's sermon on the Lord's supper made you appreciate the meal more. How do you now feel as you partake of it?