Yee Siew Meng
1) Share what stood out or what you learn from the sermon.
2) We all seek a righteousness that is not from God - it is our self "validating performance record." What do you give attention to that validates or affirms you as a person?
3) What is the difference between a person who lives "justified by God through a Righteousness not from ourselves" Vs. "A righteousness that comes from within ourselves." Describe what they each may look. like. (How may they each deal with conflicts/difficulties/suffering...?)
4) "Here I stand, I can do no other. God help me." was Martin Luther's reply when he was asked to recant by the Council at Worms. He was so convicted by the Word of God. How do you think you would act in that situation. What was Martin Luther's risk as he said those words? Have you ever had a conviction so deep that you were willing to go against the odds even if there were bad consequences?
5) Spend sometime praying, thanking God for the salvation of Grace through faith we have received. Pray for each other.