Yee Siew Meng
1) Isaiah 40:1-5 was written with the Exilic community in mind. God had asked the messengers to Comfort His people who were in exile. How are we today like the exilic community? How does this message in Isaiah 40:1-5 bring comfort to us today?
2) V. 1 Comfort, Comfort my people, says your God. "He is our God and we are His people" - What does that mean for us today? How does that help us. live as God's people?
3) V. 5 "And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed." - How was this fulfilled for us today? (hebrews 1:1, John 14:8)
4) What difference does it make that Jesus is "the exact representation of God"?
5) Revelation 1:5-7 is the ultimate and final fulfilment of the Isaiah 40 prophecy. How does that make you feel? How would you live your life any different today knowing this truth?