Yee Siew Meng
1) V. 6&7 Not all who are descended of Israel are Israel and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring"
a) What does this say about the political state of Israel today?
b) What does it say about the promises that have been made to Israel in the Bible? Did God not keep His promises?
2) Is God unfair or unjust if He chooses one and not another? V. 11
- How should we view our salvation?
- Why is it that God chose you and not another who perhaps has the same background and upbringing as you?
3) Rom 3:23 All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory... that means none is deserving of God' mercy. All have sinned and deserves judgment.
- How then shall we respond to God looking at the justification we have received?
- How does it make a difference in how we relate to one another?
- How does it make a difference in how we approach God?
4) The speaker ended with exhorting us not to be arrogant. Have you come across arrogant Christians?
Why do you think they are arrogant? How might you help them if you had a conversation with them?